“Set your mind on things that are above, not on things that are on earth.” (Colossians 3:2)
AS OF TUESDAY, APRIL 1, 2020, ALL SMALL AND LARGE GROUP IN-PERSON GATHERINGS REMAIN CANCELLED
UNTIL AT LEAST THURSDAY, APRIL 30. GOING FORWARD WE WILL FOLLOW CIVIC AUTHORITY MANDATES
AND HEALTH EXPERT RECOMMENDATIONS WITH REGARD TO SOCIAL DISTANCING.
Hello church family. We hope you are peaceful in your homes and with your families. We are praying for you. Can’t wait for the great family reunion it will be to worship together shoulder to shoulder again in our sanctuary!
On April 1 our church Council passed the following motion: “Out of respect for our civil authorities and our love for our members and the community at large, St. Olaf Lutheran Church will refrain from any in-person gatherings of any size until the current state 'shelter in place' mandate is lifted."
So… one more month. At least.
Here are some ways you can stay CONNECTED and ENGAGED right now:
(2) Care Groups have been established for our whole congregation. Everyone will receive phone calls from one of our leaders regularly. Let us know if no one has contacted you to check in yet.
(3) Services streamed online. Sunday mornings will at 10:15AM. For Maundy Thursday and Good Friday we will also stream brief services at 7PM. ALL services will go live on Pastor Joshua’s Facebook feed.
(4) Wednesday night Adult Fellowship Group meets at 7:00PM using an online meeting platform called Zoom. Contact Tim Meyer if you’d like to join in! His number is 630-846-4810.
(5) Remember the digital resources we have available right here on our website:
(6) If you need prayer, or if you would like to join the team, email us at email@example.com.
(7) Watch your email in-box for more community-building opportunities and ideas for sharing love with our neighbors.
Read your Bible and pray everyday, and check in on each other. Love you all.
-Pastor Joshua Skogerboe, along with the St. Olaf Church Council and Deacons